Wednesday, July 27, 2011

RAGBRAI Day 4

Today's route left from Boone and arrived in Altoona. It was a short flat route, but it was another hot day and we fought a head wind most of the afternoon.
I met up with my parents between Luther and Slater and they rode into town with me where I met a friend. We rode most of the way together save a few miles.
Once I got into Altoona I rode quite a while in the wrong direction before I found my camp. My dear friend Elizabeth picked me up at camp to have a warm shower and drop off some smelly clothes at my own apartment.
Trying my hardest to stay mentally strong for the next three days. I've reserved the right to ride the Sag Wagon if I have to, with the excuse that I'm desperately sunburnt and I wake up with Angelina Jolie lips.

1 comment:

  1. just letting you know that i am following your adventure! and waiting impatiently for you to mentally recover so i can convince you to do a half marathon with me!

    ReplyDelete